UNACCOMPANIED MINORS Our Kids Solo service
The "Kids Solo" service for unaccompanied minors is mandatory for children between the ages of 4 and 11 who are traveling within Metropolitan France and to the French Overseas Departments and Territories, as well as to Papeete. It is also mandatory for children between the ages of 5 and 14 who are traveling alone on international flights. Parents of unaccompanied minors can either pay a fee for the "Kids Solo" service or may choose to allow their child to travel unaccompanied, if the child falls into one of these categories:
- the child is at least 12 year of age or older and is traveling within Metropolitan France or to the French Overseas Departments and Territories, or to Papeete
- the child is 15 years of age or older and is traveling internationally.
Terms and fees for the Kids Solo service
Children and youth under 16 years of age traveling from the United Kingdom are exempt from paying the British Airport Tax (Air Passenger Duty). This exemption is automatic.
YOUR CHILD'S JOURNEY STEP BY STEP
Find out more about your child's journey by clicking on each of the steps below.
- A child traveling alone is a minor who is not accompanied by an adult over 18 years of age. However, the accompanying passenger may be under 18 years of age if he or she is the mother, father or legal guardian of the child.
- If your child is traveling on the same flight as you, but in a different cabin, he or she will be treated as an unaccompanied minor. Your child will remain under our supervision throughout his or her journey, including any transfers.
- Unaccompanied minors will not be able to access airport lounges, as their infrastructure prevents us from ensuring consistent supervision of your child.
Air France can supervise disabled children or those with reduced mobility, under certain conditions. Please contact Saphir , our assistance service for passengers with reduced mobility, for further information.
- If a flight is delayed or canceled, children traveling alone take priority. Your child will remain under constant supervision by our staff, even if overnight accommodation is required. We will inform you immediately of any special action taken to accompany your child throughout the journey.